I’m a person who does things, and will someday be prevented from doing things by death. Thanks for visiting. :)
Other places you can find me:
I’m also a…
I own a husband, a dog and three cats. I also have four siblings and parents. We all live in Southern California, in separate places, but sometimes converge to share dead beast flesh and plucked vegetable matter.
I like video games and Star Trek: The Next Generation. My favorite movie is The Last Starfighter. My favorite video game is Dead Space (although I do spend too much of my time playing League of Legends, as well).
My 10 favorite books are Dracula, The Twilight Realm, Moby-Dick, I, Robot, My Life and Hard Times, the complete Sherlock Holmes, Cyrano de Bergerac, All Creatures Great and Small, Persuasion and Around the World in 80 Days. My favorite poet is Edna St. Vincent Millay.
I have a bevy of hobbies and interests, many of which involve the attempted creation of beautiful things. I like trying new things, exploring the world, solitude, hiking, National Parks and drinking tea while reading stories about tentacled horrors.
My Robin Lefler Rules
- You’re going to die someday.
- Don’t wait for the “perfect” time to do something. Do what you want now, because #1.
- Be kind, because #1.
- Don’t complain. It’s about 110% less charming than you think it is, and it’s a waste of time. Don’t waste time, because #1.
- Life is unfair. More to the point, life will be unfair to you. S.I.U. and move on, because #1.
- You can only control your own reactions. Don’t waste time on trying to control other people, because #1.
- It’s okay to fall on your face. See #1.
- You are incredibly lucky. Be grateful for the bounty of your life, because #1.
- Seek out the things you love, and do them with joy, because #1.
- You will be wrong about many things, and a lot of the time, it’s about many things you think you know everything about. Be humble, and learn, because #1.